Speaking to Secular America Info and Registration
with a Keynote Address by
HIS EMINENCE ARCHBISHOP DEMETRIOS OF AMERICA
In Conjunction with the Installation of Hellenic College Holy Cross 21st President
FR. CHRISTOPHER T. METROPULOS
?at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology??
Open to the Public!?
$50.00 Registration Fee for Three Days and Meals or
$35 for Two Days and Meals.
Students and HCHC Faculty FREE.
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
- "Speaking to Secular America" Keynote Address by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- “Hellenic College Holy Cross Reaching Out to the World” Inauguration Address by Fr. Christopher T. Metropulos at his Installation as the 21st President of Hellenic College Holy Cross
- “Welcome and Introduction” Fr. Luke A. Veronis, Director of the Missions Institute of Orthodox Christianity, Adjunct Instructor at Hellenic College Holy Cross, Pastor of Sts. Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church, Webster, MA
- “Understanding the Changing Demographics of Religion, Christianity, and Specifically Orthodox Christianity in America.” Dr. Andrew Walsh, Associate Director Greenberg Center at Trinity College, Hartford, CT
- “Creating a Church That Reaches Out and Welcomes the Non-Religious”, Fr. Theodore Dorrance, Director of COME (Commission of Missions and Evangelism for the San Francisco Metropolis) and Pastor at St. John the Baptist GOC Beaverton, OR
- “Raising Children Who Will Hold On to the Faith In Our Secular Age” Dr. Philp Mamalakis, Professor of Pastoral Care Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- “Inspiring the Apathetic and Reaching Out to the Nones and Dones” Fr John Parker, OCA Director of Missions and Evangelism, Pastor of Holy Ascension Orthodox Church, Charleston, SC
- “An Orthodox Christian Response to Atheism” Dr. John Mark Reynolds, President of St. Constantine School, Former Provost and Professor of Philosophy at Houston Baptist University
- “The God You Don’t Believe In - Conversations with a Secular World,” Fr. Stephen Freeman, St. Anne Orthodox Church, Oak Ridge, TN, and author of the blog “Glory to God for All Things” and the book “Everywhere Present: Christianity in a One Story Universe"
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28
7:00pm Introduction by Fr. Luke A. Veronis with KEYNOTE ADDRESS "Beyond Secularism" by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29
9:30 "Understanding the Changing Demographics of Religion in America" - Dr. Andrew Walsh
11:00 "Creating a Church That Reaches Out to the Non-Religious" - Fr. Theodore Dorrance
2:00 Inauguration of the 21st President of HCHC, Fr. Christopher T. Metropulos - "Hellenic College Holy Cross Reaching Out to the World"
4:00 Inauguration Reception
7:00 "The God You Don't Believe in - Conversations with a Secular World" by Fr. Stephen Freeman
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30
9:30 "An Orthodox Christian Response to Atheism" by Dr. John Mark Reynolds
11:00 "Raising Children Who Will Hold On To Their Faith in our Secular Age" by Dr. Philip Mamalakis
1:30 "Inspiring the Apathetic and Reaching Out to the Nones and Dones" by Fr. John Parker
2:45 Closing Panel