Fr. Themi Adamopoulo
Fr. Micheal Oleksa
"Lucky Girls of Kolkota, India"
Mission in Congo
Mission in Guatamala
Mission in Kenya
Mission in Philippines
Speaking to Secular America Conference
Video from the Missions Institute of Orthodoxy Christianity’s "Speaking to Secular America" Conference from October 28-30, 2015.
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
- “Welcome and Introduction” Fr. Luke A. Veronis, Director of the Missions Institute of Orthodox Christianity, Adjunct Instructor at Hellenic College Holy Cross, Pastor of Sts. Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church, Webster, MA
- "Speaking to Secular America" Keynote Address by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- “Understanding the Changing Demographics of Religion, Christianity, and Specifically Orthodox Christianity in America.” Dr. Andrew Walsh, Associate Director Greenberg Center at Trinity College, Hartford, CT
- “Creating a Church That Reaches Out and Welcomes the Non-Religious”, Fr. Theodore Dorrance, Director of COME (Commission of Missions and Evangelism for the San Francisco Metropolis) and Pastor at St. John the Baptist GOC Beaverton, OR
- “Raising Children Who Will Hold On to the Faith In Our Secular Age” Dr. Philp Mamalakis, Professor of Pastoral Care Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- “Inspiring the Apathetic and Reaching Out to the Nones and Dones” Fr John Parker, OCA Director of Missions and Evangelism, Pastor of Holy Ascension Orthodox Church, Charleston, SC
- “An Orthodox Christian Response to Atheism” Dr. John Mark Reynolds, President of St. Constantine School, Former Provost and Professor of Philosophy at Houston Baptist University
- “The God You Don’t Believe In - Conversations with a Secular World,” Fr. Stephen Freeman, St. Anne Orthodox Church, Oak Ridge, TN, and author of the blog “Glory to God for All Things” and the book “Everywhere Present: Christianity in a One Story Universe"
- Panel Discussion